Q: Glove box opens when car jerks slightly

My problems occur when I drive on our bumpy country road to and from our house. The car jerks and the glove compartment flies open. What will fix this?

If the problem only happens on the rough country road, then only a mechanic driving the same road would be able to verify the problem and the fix needed. The jerking may be a suspension issue, and the glovebox latch may be out of adjustment. Contact a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come to your location ad inspect the vehicle’s suspension.

3. Glove box opens when car jerks slightly