Q: Getting codes P0455 and P1470

I get codes P0455 and P1740.

Hello. Your codes bring up two completely different problems.

The P0455 is for a small leak in the evaporative emissions system. Most of the time it is as simple as replacing the gas cap and clearing the code. If that is not the problem then most of the time a smoke test would need to be done to find the leak.

The P1740 code is for a torque converter clutch, overdrive solenoid problem. It may be the solenoid, but most of the time this code comes up when the transmission is failing internally. The transmission pan should be removed and inspected for metal and debris indicating a serious internal issue. You should get the help of a transmission shop to assist with this code.

3. Getting codes P0455 and P1470