Q: General Question

I am wanting to buy a new 2016 Ford F-150 XLT FX4, and I want to put aftermarket off-road tires on it. How large are the wheel wells on these trucks and how wide of a tire can it fit without spacers? The goal is to widen the stance to come off the sides 2-3 inches. How wide of a tire should I put on it to achieve this and would it need spacers?

The most common upgraded tire size most people run without issue is a 34" by about 11" wide overall diameter tire. If you have the stock 20" wheels, then you would use a 275/65/20 size tire. I personally wouldn’t recommend any rims bigger than 20" for true off-roading since, the bigger the rim, the less tire sidewall height you get, which is important for protecting the rim and allows you to air down the tires for maximum traction. Whatever tires you end up getting, be sure to extend the life by performing regular rotations to keep tread wear even.

3. General Question