Q: Gearshift loose

The spark plug is not firing.

3. Gearshift loose

Q: transmission slipping - 1997 Ford F-150

Hi. I would start by taking it in to have the transmission power flushed first as this will remove any debris from the inside of the transmission. Over time, fluid and additives lose their potency. Unlike simply draining and replacing...

Q: Can't shift out of park when brakes are fully applied

This issue seems to me like it would be caused by the brake switch. When the brake switch is engaged, the brake lights come on. There is also a shift interlock solenoid in most vehicles that is not acted...

Q: Rattling and squeaking that's getting to be more frequent.

Rattling and squeaking sounds are usually something that comes from suspension or brake related issues. I would recommend having a mechanic give your truck a thorough brake and suspension inspection. Something may be broken and knocking against something else causing...