Q: Gear stuck in Park; main fuse blew during battery installation

A main fuse blew during battery installation. The car starts, and the front lights work. But the gear is stuck in Park, and the accessories are not working.

A: From the information provided, it leads me ...

From the information provided, it leads me to believe that your RAV4 is experiencing quite a few electrical issues. It is possible that the cause of the main fuse blowing has caused damage elsewhere in the vehicle as well. You may have other fuses that are bad or the problem may lie with the fuse block itself. To be 100% certain, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over your Toyota with you. They will be able to inspect your vehicle and determine why your vehicle is stuck in park and check your car's electrical system.