Q: Gas tank won't fill all the way up

It fills to about half full and stops - the automatic pump stop kicks in like it is full. I have to pull the nozzle all the way out and manually just barely allow any gas flow to go into the tank. It takes about 10-15 minutes to fill the tank. Oh and I have tried many different stations/pumps - makes no difference. Any ideas on what is causing this odd behavior?

A: If your vehicle was built before 4-6-2005 t...

If your vehicle was built before 4-6-2005 the manufacturer has a revised fuel tank to help with this issue. If you try and fill your fuel tank slower you will have less problems. Your tank has problem when using a fill pump that may have higher pressure than another station. If you decide not to get the tank changed to the newer style all you have to do is take your time and go slow to fill the tank. Make sure you do not fill until the fuel comes out of the fill neck. Just fill until you cannot fill any more. You may get the handle to kick off a few times and this is okay. Let the fuel settle for a few seconds and try again.