Q: Gas Hog

My cas has been using gas much more faster than normal. I have moved a bit further away from work but I do not believe that is what is causing the excessive usage of gas. Before I'd have to refuel once a week, but during the last five or six months I have had to refuel every two to three days. I have gotten new tires, and new spark plugs, and their wires. I do not know what to do, I have tried everything I could think of. I am about to go to college and I cannot afford to purchase another vehicle, so making this one last as long as possible is my only option. Please help, What can I do?

Hi there. There are several things that can cause excessive gas mileage including dirty fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, or O2 sensors. Since you’re getting ready to leave for college, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is getting worse gas mileage inspection. This will allow them to determine why your car is getting bad fuel economy and recommend the repairs that will resolve the issue without spending too much money on these repairs.