Q: How should I rotate my tires and how often should it be done?

How should I rotate my tires and how often should it be done?

Tire rotation is an important part of vehicle maintenance. If you don’t rotate your tires regularly, the drive tires will wear down very quickly (the front two tires on the Civic, since it’s a front-wheel drive car). The rear tires won’t experience the same dramatic tread reduction, but they may develop uneven wear. Here’s what you should know:

• When: Rotate your tires at every other oil change. You can also go by the Maintenance Minder™ reminder in your dash.

• How: Honda specifies that you use one of two rotation patterns depending on the type of tires on your car:

• Standard Tires: If your car has standard tires, use a modified X pattern. Both front tires should drop straight back to the rear. The rear tires will cross and move to the front.

• Directional Tires: If you have directional tires, they can only be rotated front to back. They must stay on the same side of the car.

3. How should I rotate my tires and how often should it be done?