Q: Gas consumption and control knob inop

2016 nissan maxima only gets 330 to a full tank where as my 2004 350z gets about 320 is this normal? also the center console control knob with the different drive modes isnt functional.

Hi there. The fuel economy that you say that you are getting is not abnormal for your vehicle. These cars do not tend to get the best MPG. In some cases I will erase the adaptive memory and see if the fuel mileage improves but that does not commonly change anything. As for the knob I usually check and see if there are any codes in the computer. Any codes can cause the computer to shut down this system down. If there are no codes then the knob will need to be replaced. You should still have a warranty on this.

3. Gas consumption and control knob inop