Q: Vehicle is running rough.

I had an issue in my 00 xterra 3.3 it would act like it was running out of fuel but only after getting to operating temp. I changed everything I could think of. Plugs ...wires...cap...rotor..distributor..maf sensor...tps sensor....fuel filter...air filter...fuel pump...and fuel sending unit. Now it won't start at all. I traced everything back to the fuel,tank. Fuel pump is running but not sending fuel. I took it out placed it in a bucket of gas applied direct 12v and it pumps like crazy. But once it's back in the tank it spins but doesn't pump. What in the world,could cause this.

If the vehicle starts to act up at operating temp, you may have an issue with the idle air control valve. These will typically get gummed up and some vehicles may have a hard time starting when cold or act up once warmed up. The fuel pressure at the fuel rail should be checked as well to make sure the pump is delivering the proper volume of fuel. consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look to offer a more personal diagnosis of you vehicles rough running concerns.

3. Vehicle is running rough.