Q: Fuel pump fuse overheats

The fuel pump fuse keeps overheating. I had it replaced, and it was working fine. Then I went to my mechanic, and they tried fixing it again, even though it was fine. Then, today, the fuse overheated, and I had to fix it myself. I need an inline fuse, 30 amp, to run from the fuel pump wire to the battery terminal.

A: If you have changed something in the system...

If you have changed something in the system recently, that may be the cause. Otherwise, the fuel pump, and its wiring, needs to be checked; the problem is likely due to a faulty pump, or a short in the wiring, that is intermittent, causing the fuse to blow. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your electrical system and fuel pump. Since the car is so new, it may be covered under warranty, unless it has been modified.