Q: Fuel pump fuse overheats

asked by on February 16, 2016

The fuel pump fuse keeps overheating. I had it replaced, and it was working fine. Then I went to my mechanic, and they tried fixing it again, even though it was fine. Then, today, the fuse overheated, and I had to fix it myself. I need an inline fuse, 30 amp, to run from the fuel pump wire to the battery terminal.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have changed something in the system recently, that may be the cause. Otherwise, the fuel pump, and its wiring, needs to be checked; the problem is likely due to a faulty pump, or a short in the wiring, that is intermittent, causing the fuse to blow. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your electrical system and fuel pump. Since the car is so new, it may be covered under warranty, unless it has been modified.