Q: Fuel injector and tank cleaning 2015 Ford Focus

I've recently received a letter from my dealer recommending some work my car may need. While some seem reasonable (like replacing the windshield wipers), I don't know what to think about a suggestion to clean my fuel injector and tank. Is it really required in a car slightly older than one year and what may happen, if I don't do it? I'd really appreciate any help regarding this topic.

All the best, Pawel Winogrodzki

Hi there - unless there was an incidence of sabotage (sugar in the fuel tank or similar), suggesting you clean your fuel tank and injectors seems a rather odd and unnecessary request for a nearly new vehicle. Unless there is poor performance or other indications of problems - most any of which should be covered by warranty - this doesn’t add up. If you can’t get a satisfactory explanation out of the dealer, call Ford Customer Service and request an better explanation.

3. Fuel injector and tank cleaning 2015 Ford Focus