Q: Front wheel rattling when going over a bump

My sister was driving the car and she said she heard a loud bang. Now when I go over any bumps in the road the front wheel makes a rattling noise, any ideas what this could be

Hi there:

It’s quite possible that the loud bang your sister noticed was a suspension component or wheel bearing being damaged. In most cases, when the front end vibrates while going over a bump in the road, it’s caused by loose suspension pieces that are either worn out or broken and need to be replaced. However, it’s hard to diagnose an issue like this remotely, so you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is vibrating or shaking inspection; so they can determine the precise reason why you’re having these issues and recommend the right repairs.

3. Front wheel rattling when going over a bump