Q: Front wheel making noise

The front passenger wheel briefly made an awful sound, but it's been fine since.

Well it depends what it sounded like. If it has been fine since, it is possible you might have got something caught up in the brake pads. This would make it rub up against the moving rotor which can cause a grinding noise possibly. Another possibility is that your hub bearing is going bad. In ether case, I would advise you to have a mechanic check it out. Since it is not a reoccurring problem, I would recommend having a comprehensive safety inspection by a certified mechanic to determine if the noise was caused by any major damage.