Q: Front suspension lower arm bolt no. 2

When I drive, it squeaks a little, especially when I drive over a bumpy road. I was told it was a bolt head that separated from the bolt. How do I go about fixing that myself?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. If the bolt head has in fact separated from the bolt, this may require drilling the bolt out of the control arm as there is otherwise no way to put a wrench or socket on the bolt without the head to it. Following this, you will need to run a Heli-coil through to rethread the arm bolt hole. This will require specific tools and skill when it comes to drilling out and re-threading.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to make these repairs for you. The technician will have the right tools.