Q: Front right grinding noise from wheel, most likely brake pad or something related? 2003 Dodge Intrepid

I heard a loud bang when i went over train tracks, afterwards i heard a loud grinding noise coming from the front right wheel the rest of the way home. it was equal to how fast i was going and if i stopped, it stopped as well. was wondering if it is brake related and about how much it might cost? thanks!

Hi - from your description of how this noise became a part of your motoring life, I believe a suspension component may have failed going over the train track, and your wheel is rubbing against something else metal underneath - hence the grinding noise. I recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Front right grinding noise from wheel, most likely brake pad or something related? 2003 Dodge Intrepid