Q: Front right grinding noise from wheel, most likely brake pad or something related? 2003 Dodge Intrepid

I heard a loud bang when i went over train tracks, afterwards i heard a loud grinding noise coming from the front right wheel the rest of the way home. it was equal to how fast i was going and if i stopped, it stopped as well. was wondering if it is brake related and about how much it might cost? thanks!

Hi - from your description of how this noise became a part of your motoring life, I believe a suspension component may have failed going over the train track, and your wheel is rubbing against something else metal underneath - hence the grinding noise. I recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Front right grinding noise from wheel, most likely brake pad or something related? 2003 Dodge Intrepid