Q: Front left wheel making sound for a minute or two after starting the car after it's been off for an hour or more

If I have my car off for an hour or more and start the car up and drive away, the front left wheel makes a lot of noise when making left turns, even if I'm going slow.... It goes away after I drive the car down the street to the corner and it'll stop making noises all together until I turn the car off again for another hour or so... The sound isn't a high squealing sound, it's more of a kind of deep sound that gets higher and get deeper and higher over and over as the wheel turns. There's no thumping sounds or anything like that.

The brakes, axle and wheel bearing are all in that location, and so those components should be checked by a certified mechanic. One possibility is the brake pads are failing to immediately and completely retract from the rotor. That can be determined "remotely" by pointing an infrared thermometer at both rotors after driving a mile (touch brake pedal as little as possible while driving the mile). If the rotor on the side where the noise is coming from is hotter than the rotor on the other side, that’s an indication of sticking pads. From your description, the noise sounds fairly obvious and so if you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Front left wheel making sound for a minute or two after starting the car after it's been off for an hour or more