Q: Frequent dropping in coolant level

Good day. Pls my bmwx3 fan comes on intermittently except when am using AC. The coolant level also drops frequently.

A: This can be caused by a number of things, s...

This can be caused by a number of things, such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know, the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.