Q: Ford st 3 2007

asked by on August 16, 2016

Hi I have a ford st 3 2007 and the esp light is on and won't let me go over 10 mph it's only started after I had the 2 front tires changed now the esp light is staying on and won't drive just wondering what it might be its was coming on befor but was going off and it was fine

Be sure the tires are of the recommended size for the vehicle. If the wrong size tires were fitted, it can make the ESP system think two wheels are spinning faster than the other two and reduce power, apply brakes, etc.

Also check that a wheel speed sensor was not knocked loose or damaged when the tires were replaced. If both are fine, then the system needs to be checked for fault codes.

I suggest having this car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your loss of power and help you fix it accordingly. Best of luck.