Q: Every time I hit a bump, the radio flickers, the car jenks and the engine revs

Radio flickers on and off, the car jerks to a stop and the engine revs

Hi, thanks for writing in. I am certain that there is a loose connection somewhere. In your case I would begin with connecting a scanner and printing out a wiring diagram of what powers the radio. The radio is the simplest circuit to deal with and most likely what is affecting it is affecting everything else.

With the radio wiring diagram in front of me, I would be looking for the main power inputs and where they have other points in common with other systems. Once I find this I would locate it on the car, go to that spot and do some visual and meter testing. Possibly a test light could be useful. It is the most used electrical tool hands down.

If you should need further help, I recommend the following inspection: Electric problems

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Every time I hit a bump, the radio flickers, the car jenks and the engine revs