Q: ETC Light/Temp Gauge

asked by on November 20, 2017

When first starting my 2008 avenger, after several minutes the check engine light and the etc light both come on. The temperature Gauge stays flat and doesn't move. After I stop and turn the car off and back on, the etc light disappears but the check enigine stays. The temp gauge starts working. If I drive for a while , the check engine light disappears but the temperature gauge can fluctuate. No driving issues. The car can stutter when starting the second time. The Heater isn't blowing out cold air, unsure if that's related. I've recently replaced the crankshaft position sensor and radiator.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

In resolving all these issues, the first step will be to download the OBD-II trouble codes that have caused the check engine light and the ETC warning lights to set. There will likely be issues related to those codes that will have to be diagnosed and repaired. It is unclear if the temperature gauge malfunction is related to any check engine light malfunctions although it is possible that a faulty sending unit could be a fault "in common". Whatever the underlying cause(s) turn out to be, if you request a check engine light diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the issues that you are writing in about taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr