Q: Engine weakness on turns

When turning either direction from a stop and beginning to accelerate the vehicle feels like it looses power (it is still driving forward just sounds and feel weird). The engine sounds as if it is revving but the RPMs on idiot gauage don't seem to increase drastically. Once turn is completed and I have traveled about 30 feet the engine seems to "kick" back in and it drives fine. In my mind it feels like the engine is tipping from side to side and making it weak and when done turning it rights itself, though I don't think that it is actually moving. Any thoughts?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The steering on your Acadia uses the standard power steering pump and fluid system. This means you will have a power steering pump driven by the vehicle’s drive belt powered from the engine. When these steering components fail, you will experience extra strain on the drive belt, and hence on the engine itself. Start by checking your power steering fluid level. If it is low, you will want to add some more fluid before driving the vehicle. You will then want to check the pulley and drive belt attached to the pump. From there if you did have a leak, you want to focus on finding the cause of it. A failed pump often leaks, but does not need to leak to stop working correctly. Only further testing will tell.

3. Engine weakness on turns