Q: Engine swap, transmission advice VW Golf

if i were to put an st220 engine in a mk2 golf, what would be the ideal clutch/ gearbox solution to maintain the existing drivetrain?

3. Engine swap, transmission advice VW Golf

Q: what engines are compatible with a 86 firebird trans am

You are constrained by what the original engine was because the original engine is matched to your vehicle's onboard OBD-I computer and vehicle wiring harness. Also, the present suspension in the vehicle (if it is all original) was matched to...

Q: Original gearbox but Engine swapped for a Golf 3 1.9. Is this causing a lack of power? 1988 VW Vanagon

Hello - once the turbocharger system is repaired, and the swapped engine is producing the power it is capable of, I would expect you will be pleasantly surprised at how well the Vanagon performs - as long as the swapped...

Q: Do I have to change the engine mounts and bellhousing when switching to the 3.9l?

The engine should bolt up to the transmission, but the 4t45e has a lower torque rating than a 4t65e so pushing more power through it might cause problems. There may also be a few subtle issues with mounting the new...