Q: Engine swap, transmission advice VW Golf

if i were to put an st220 engine in a mk2 golf, what would be the ideal clutch/ gearbox solution to maintain the existing drivetrain?

Hi there - if you are dead set on swapping in the ST220 engine, best to swap in the ST220 clutch/gearbox with it. That leaves you with "only" having to acquire custom axles using the Golf hubs, brakes, suspensions, wiring harness, mounts, linkage, etc. Custom flywheels, bellhousings, clutches, etc. are rather expensive. Why not just one of the Golf engine mod choices? Many available up to insane horsepower levels, and they generally just "bolt up". Good luck regardless of your choice - it’s about the journey!

3. Engine swap, transmission advice VW Golf