Q: Engine Swap

I have a 2004 chevy Silverado 1500 and I want to look into a lot of power and I want to swap to a Gm made deisel and I don't know what else I would need I have $15,000 to put into a engine and new transmission so plz help.

Hi there. Unfortunately, engine swaps and performance upgrades are not services we offer at YourMechanic.com. I think you’ll find several online forums for Chevrolet truck owners and performance groups that would be more than happy to provide you with advice or recommendations. However, one thing you might want to consider is that when you swap from gasoline to diesel, it will involve considerable upgrades and changes beyond the motor and transmission. You might be better served to purchase a diesel vehicle and upgrading from there.