Q: Engine shakes then stops by itself.

When I ignited the engine and waiting for it to heat up, the car started to shake badly and in about 5 seconds the engine stopped by itself. The engine failed to restart as I tried to re-ignite it. I attempted to reignite several times but still failed. What could possibly go wrong with the engine?

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. Any of these issues may also cause the to not start again depending on how severe they are. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Engine shakes then stops by itself.