Q: Engine revving

when put in reverse engine revving up to 2000 rpm,

when driving (at about 40 mph and up ) let foot off gas and sometimes just maintains speed as if still revving......

A: Hi there. Is the Check Engine Light on? Thi...

Hi there. Is the Check Engine Light on? This may be caused by a very large vacuum leak or a faulted throttle position sensor. Check for a loud hissing or sucking noise coming from under the hood.

I recommend hiring an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to your home or business to determine if the throttle position sensor needs to be replaced or some other component is malfunction.