Q: Engine rebuilding what's the deal with over sized parts?

I was wondering what and why there are over sized parts for engine rebuild kits why do or would I need the larger parts? Looking to have my 91 civic si rebuilt and there are oversized and standard parts .

When rebuilding a motor there may be times that the crankshaft surfaces need to be machined due to damage or the piston bores need to be re bored to a larger size or the connecting rods are going on a crankshaft that has been machined. The use of over sized pistons, rings for a bored out block. Bearings are over sized when crankshafts are resurfaced. When resurfaced or bored out blocks the machining is a 10 thousandths of an inch of metal take off and the over sized parts will state how much they are over sized from standard.

3. Engine rebuilding what's the deal with over sized parts?