Q: engine ok

Truck starts and runs ok, it idles really ruff when you come to a stop.got to put it in neutral and give it some gas to idle ok .

A: Hello. This can be caused by a number of is...

Hello. This can be caused by a number of issues. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see if there are any engine misfires. A misfire will cause it to run like this and can be caused by anything from a bad spark plug to an internal engine problem. If there are any misfires I check the spark plugs and ignition coils. If they seem fine, I will usually perform a compression test which tells me if there is something wrong inside of the engine. It is common for the valve seats to wear inside of the engine which will cause this. If you plan on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your rough idling issue and let you know what needs to be repaired.