Q: Engine not reving past 2500 rpm

I recently got gas from a gas station and on my way home my check engine light came on my car jerked and when I get to about 2500 rpm it starts jerking and will not accelerate. Then I turn my car off and it's fine. It's like when it get hot this happens then it's fine when it cools. The temperature gage stays just under half way like always. It's weird it happened as soon as I get gas. Didn't know if it was bad gas. Just weird that sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

A: You will need to have the computer scanned ...

You will need to have the computer scanned for codes that caused the Check Engine Light to come on. Once the code is diagnosed then you will find out if the fuel is contaminated with water. You may have an excessive amount of water that once the engine runs awhile it mixes the water and fuel causing the running problem. The fuel and water mix will clear out after running most of the fuel out then refilling with fresh fuel. It may take a couple tanks to clear all the water. When you see a fuel truck at a gas station filling them up it is best to not get fuel there for a couple days. What happens is the fuel truck stirs up the tank and water in the bottom of it.