Q: Q: engine noise

2001 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 engine frequently has a very loud bumble bee sounding noise with or without a/c, if it occurs at idle engine will surge and sometimes shut off, been doing this off and on for nearly a year. I removed serpentine belt and checked all pulleys, they are all free wheeling and no looseness, HELP

Hi there:

Trying to diagnose an engine noise remotely without completing a test drive is very difficult. However, there are several things that could be causing this noise, ranging from loose shrouds, worn out pulley’s on power steering pump or brackets that are damaged or also loose. The only way to accurately determine what is causing this bumble bee noise is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.

3. Q: engine noise