Q: engine knocking from the bottom near the camshaft pulley

will i need a full bottom end rebuild or can it just be fixed, can you tell me what parts I will need to rebuild on the bottom end

3. engine knocking from the bottom near the camshaft pulley

Q: What is the hose that comes out of the top of the transmission ,goes straight up, curls over and has open end

This hose is a vent hose for the transmission and would not be connected to anything. The vent is used by the transmission so it will not build up internal pressure and push oil out of any seals. If you...

Q: Car makes noise over 30 mph

Several components can cause strange noises during vehicle operation. The sluggish symptom points to a lack of power, which can come from a fault in the engine or transmission as the engine makes the power and the transmission puts that...

Q: My headlights burn out constantly

This is a common problem for this generation of Outback. The short life of the bulbs has been attributed to the bulbs being illuminated almost constantly. A secondary cause is that the bulbs are being touched during install. The Outback...