Q: engine knocking from the bottom near the camshaft pulley

will i need a full bottom end rebuild or can it just be fixed, can you tell me what parts I will need to rebuild on the bottom end

Hi there. An engine knock from the bottom of the motor could suggest several problems. When the crankshaft connecting rod bearings, main bearings, and a variety of other rotating assembly components fail, this can cause a sound such as this. When this happens, I would recommend absolutely not driving the car any longer until you have it looked at by a qualified mechanic since much further damage may occur if you continue to drive it. As for what parts may be needed, it would be really difficult to say without getting into the motor first to see what is broken or damaged. I recommend having a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, scope out the engine knock firsthand to help determine the proper repairs.

3. engine knocking from the bottom near the camshaft pulley