Q: Engine is hesitating during startup - 1989 Chevrolet K1500

I have a 89 silverado. When I start it in the morning it will turn over for about 5 or 6 second before it fire up. Then it will die the first time. The second time I start it,it will surge about 6 or 7 times like it is going to die but will smooth out. Then when I drive it, it sputters and doesn't have but maybe half of its power. It seems to clear out a little at higher rpm but then does the same thing when it shifts. It also seems to get better as it warms up but it still ain't exactly right. Also the engine light will come on some of the time but not always. I have replaced the iac,egr,plugs and wires,fixed vacuum leak,new throttle body,and done away with the convertor. Any suggestions?

3. Engine is hesitating during startup - 1989 Chevrolet K1500