Q: Car accelerating weirdly.

The brake light on my car is on. It is also accelerating weirdly and the RPMs are doing something funny.

A: If the red brake light is on, it usually me...

If the red brake light is on, it usually means one of two things. Either you have a hydraulic leak in your brake system, or your emergency brake is on. The emergency brake being on even partially can cause your car to have issues during acceleration because your brake is trying to stop the car from moving. If you are accelerating harder than normal because your brakes are applied, you may be hitting the rev limiter that is programmed into our car. When you hit the rev limiter, the RPMs bounce back down. If you are still accelerating they will go up to the limit and bounce back down again. So check to make sure your emergency brake are not applied. If you are still experiencing issues after that, seek the advice of mechanic. Hydraulic brake issues can lead to brake failure.