Q: Engine feels like it looses power between 1800 and 2000rpms

Hi Scotty I have a 2006 vw Jetta 2.5 se 5 speed manual transmission 92,000 miles and whenever i let go off the gas and the rpms drop between 1800 to 2000 The engine feels like it looses power or if something is slowing it down and jerks Do you know what it could be? Oh and does it on all the gears

A: The throttle on this engine is controlled w...

The throttle on this engine is controlled with an electronic actuator and no cables and only wires control the throttle on this engine. The throttle is held partly open when you start your deceleration and when you hit the 1800 to 2000 rpm the engine control module is programmed to close the throttle and start the deceleration for you. This is how your vehicle is designed and programmed to function.

However, there is a technical service bulletin from VW to replace the throttle actuator valve and reprogram the engine control module. This would need to be fixed by the dealer but is not covered under any warranty. The dealer will need to reprogram the computer to update the calibration to the latest level and install the new valve.