Q: Engine die when get hot

Hi my SUV engine die when is hot I have to wait like a hour to turn on and when is cold weather stay longer tuning need help

If your engine is shutting off when it gets hot it is possible that it could be overheating. Many vehicles have a feature built into the engine that will kill the engine if it reaches a certain temperature.

For an issue like this, I would recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, check your vehicle to determine if the engine is overheating. If so, it is likely that you cooling system will require service of some kind.