Q: Engine accelerated slow with check engine light on. Light is now off and runs fine

Hey I was wondering my car had accelerated very slow with the check engine light on and now the light is off after a few days and the car runs fine. Should I bother going to the mechanic?

The check engine light is on when the problem was present and vehicle was either in failure mode and reduced power and throttle response. As soon as the intermittent problem went away and systems started working normal the light went off and power was restored. There may be several possible causes and I would recommend having the system tested for stored codes for what may have caused the codes and light to come on. You may have an intermittent sensor failure from a connection or sensor issue.

3. Engine accelerated slow with check engine light on. Light is now off and runs fine