Q: Emissions light on my Volkswagen

My emissions light comes up periodically

Q: Sputtering when engine is running

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information...

Q: Warning code P2422

Hello. The vent valve is a common failure on this vehicle. Most of the time, when it is stuck closed it will also cause the vehicle to be hard to fuel with gas. I typically test the valve first and...

Q: How do I fix the issues related to code P0445 (Failed Emissions Test)?

Diagnostic Trouble Code P0455 has causes in addition to a faulty or loose gas cap. In your circumstance, the first thing you should do is reset the Check Engine Light which will erase the existing codes. Then see if the...