Q: Emissions light on my Volkswagen

My emissions light comes up periodically

Q: Throttle body needs aligning.

Yes, on your vehicle the throttle body does require a relearn procedure after replacement. You do indeed need the factory scan tool, or a scan tool with factory capabilities. Have the experts at YourMechanic a call, they have a wide...

Q: Stalling issues, error codes

Hello. The P0442 error code is an evaporative emission control code and is an indication of a small leak being detected in the evaporative emission system. There are usually no visible symptoms of this error code, other than the check...

Q: check engine light is on -- ge -ot a diagnotics test from onstar -- test stated emmissions system issue whatdoes this mean

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Malibu. If they did not give you the trouble code that is stored then you are going to need to have the system tested to see if the code can be diagnosed...