Q: Emissions light on my Volkswagen

My emissions light comes up periodically

Q: Car is misfiring, oil in ignition coil & spark plug

Soak up the oil in the hole and clean it out with brake cleaner. Then dry it before replacing the spark plugs and ignition coils. You should replace all 4 coils as a set with new plug wire boots and...

Q: Can a purge solenoid cable cause a EVAP leak code?

Hi, thanks for your question. When the engine is off, the vent shutoff valve and canister purge valve are closed. The fuel can't escape into the atmosphere. When the engine starts, the purge valve on the canister opens to allow...

Q: Emissions lamp on and won't go out.

Hi there. There could be numerous different things wrong with the emission system to cause the light to stay on. The engine could be running rich or lean causing the O2 sensors to register the condition. The fuel system could...