Q: Emissions light on my Volkswagen

My emissions light comes up periodically

Q: Service light turns on momentarily when I start my car

This light comes on every 7,500 miles to remind you to service your vehicle. This indicator is manually reset, however, and should not be used as a guideline for actual service. So, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with your...

Q: Evaporative Emissions Control

Your car has a small purge valve that controls the venting of fumes from the fuel tank as these fumes build up inside, particularly when you are refueling the car with gas. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the...

Q: Secondary air pump.

The air pump supplies the catalytic converter with extra oxygen so that it can efficiently catalyze any unburned fuel. On start up, the catalytic converter is cold and requires some help to quickly get up to temperature allowing it to...