Q: Poor charging after replacing alternator - why? 2007 ChevySuburban

Alternator went out. I bought and installed the new alternator and now all of the lights on the vehicle pulsate when at an idle or driving. Shut the vehicle off but leave the lights on and it stops. I replaced the battery as well. When driving the battery meter on the dash will be at about 14v and drop to 10v and go back to 14v. Is the alternator the problem or is it possible the ecu or the bcu may have been damaged or maybe I've got the belt to tight/loose. I had messed with the tensionor a bit unintentionally when taking the belt off. First alternator job and I messed with the wrong part. It's getting annoying and kind of embarrassing when you're driving at night and people keep flashing their high beams at you because they think I'm flashing them! Haha

3. Poor charging after replacing alternator - why? 2007 ChevySuburban