My serpentine belt has come off(not broken) my 330xi 2001...

Q: My serpentine belt has come off(not broken) my 330xi 2001 BMW, first started the car and sounded really rough then smoke came out

asked by on May 25, 2017

Turned on the car after work and after like 5 minutes of waiting for it to heat up the engine started to sound really rough then smoke came out the car and my battery light turned on so I turned it off to check that's when I found the serpentine belt had came off( not broken)

You should check each pulley and tensioner or component driven by the belt to see if one of the components are seized that caused the belt to come off. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to you and do the inspection and then a repair can be done to replace component and the belt.