Q: Electrical issue

I replaced a bad alternator with a reconditioned one from store. Replaced everything that was taken loose, connected the batt. and to my surprise I had no power to the entire truck? Did I blow a fuse, if yes, where can I find it. Thanks for your help. Mike

Hello. The alternator failing may have strained the battery as it was going out. You may want to start by having the battery tested. The connection between the starting and charging system also need to be checked. All connections need to be clean, dry, and tight. Make sure the wiring to the new alternator is hooked up correctly. You may want to start by trying to jump start the battery. If this fails to work, you should look for a connection issue. If it does work the battery just may have been discharged, or the battery may be about to fail as well. The only way to know is to do some further testing on the starting and charging systems.

3. Electrical issue