Q: elecrtic window module keeps going out

I had a elect. window motor to go out and I bought a rebuilt one put in in it worked for a couple maybe 3 weeks then quit, I tore it back apart the motor was good but I finally found out the module was bad , and then another went bad {used] its now out again I really would like to know whats causing this to go bad.
1999 buick lasabre custom My car has 125000 miles.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. One of the issues you may be having is that you are using old switches. The power windows on these vehicles have a history of failing, and the used modules or switches you are getting may be just as bad as the original one you were trying to replace. There are fuses related to the power windows that you can check, but they are likely fine if the windows were working momentarily. You can change them if you have extras. You will want to start by installing a brand new unit, and when doing so test the voltage available at the switch. If the switch has excess voltage available, it would cause premature failure.

3. elecrtic window module keeps going out