Q: During spirited driving, power cuts out on hard left turns

I'm a spirited driver. A typical day of driving is delivery driving for about 4 hours at a time. Most of my driving consists of 40+% throttle input, late apexing turns, rev matching down shifts, speed shifting... You get the picture. If I'm not going full race car while delivering I get bored very quickly. With a slow car that gets great mileage regardless, it's a no brainer to go balls out whenever possible. Since I've had the car this problem has been getting seemingly worse. I can corner right turns as hard as I want (I've even over steered the car by apexing and throttle lifting mid turn to get it to rotate) and throttle out with some tire squeeling and the power band stays in check. If I even so much as hint towards the car leaning at all into a left turn the power will cut out completely, drop to idle RPM and then when the car settles the RPMs shoot back up to where they were before pushing it hard into a left turn. Happens with a full tank too. Not just low on gas. WHY

A: The symptoms you are experiencing can com...

The symptoms you are experiencing can commonly be caused by a weak fuel pump, or a fuel pump strainer. If the fuel pump is the original it may have weakened over time, and has become unable to provide the fuel necessary under high stress conditions. I would also check the ignition system components to make sure that they are all in good working order. If the issues persist, it may be possible that you are simply pushing the vehicle beyond it's designed performance limits. I'd recommend getting the car inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, they'll be able to diagnose the loss of power you're experiencing firsthand and help you fix it as necessary.