Q: driving uphill

i have automatic hyundai i10 - 2014, the transmission only has: P - R - N - D the other day i had to get up a steep hill, although i was accelerating quite hard, pedal was almost on floor, i almost stalled, is this normal and what should i do to prevent stalling on steep hills?

Hi there. I would need to know what model Hyundai you have as well as the engine size to let you know for sure what is going on with your car. Most of these vehicles are equipped with a small four cylinder engine which is typically underpowered. Due to the engines being smaller they will have issues going up hill. When the hill is especially steep the vehicles computer will have trouble downshifting to assist with the power loss. It is possible that there is an issue such as a dirty air filter or a throttle position problem, but most of the time this is a normal condition.

3. driving uphill