Drives rough on highway 2002 tacoma highway driving runni...

Q: Drives rough on highway

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car drives rough on the highway.

One of the most common causes of a vehicle to ride poorly is a wheel and tire issue. If your tires are worn unevenly, or if any of them have a slipped belt, a vibration or rough ride may result. If the wheels are out of balance by more than half an ounce, this may also cause vibration. If your shocks or struts have lost compression, they will no longer be able to carry out their intended function and will therefore cause a poor ride. I would recommend having your steering and suspension system, as well as your tires, inspected for anything that is out of specification. Have any faulty parts replaced in order to restore proper ride quality.