Q: Driver's side window not rolling all the way up, but the motor still works.

The driver's side window does not roll up even though I can hear the window motor running.

A: I actually drive a Honda Element myself and...

I actually drive a Honda Element myself and have also experienced driver side window issues. If you hear the motor running while attempting to roll up the window, but the window still is not going up, it is likely that the window regulator has failed. If this is indeed the problem, it is a straight forward repair. The window regulator is driven by cable and uses plastic pulleys and over time these pulleys and cables can fail. When a mechanic installs the new window regulator, it will also come with a new window motor. Once the repair is complete, your window will work just like it came off the showroom floor. However to verify this is why the window in your Honda Element window is not rolling up, it is best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to inspect the windows. They will have the proper tools and knowledge to tackle this repair and typically have it done in under an hour.