Q: Bad oil leak

The car has a bad oil leak. From what I can tell, it is coming from the valve cover gaskets.

Hi. Valve cover gaskets are a common leak point for high mileage vehicles. The repair is not very complicated and in most cases can be performed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. Once the gaskets have been replaced, I suggest the car be reinspected at the next oil change for any other leaks. Valve covers sit high on the engine and tend to leak down the sides of the engine block. This can cover any other leaks making them difficult to find. I recommend you have a technician replace the valve cover gasket and inspect for other visible oil leaks.