Q: Driver's side window broken

The window on the driver's side is not working.

Hello! I will be happy to help you. I suspect that the window regulator, window motor, or window switch has developed a malfunction. Most commonly when a window develops a malfunction it will be the window regulator at fault. I suggest having the components I’ve listed inspected by a technician.

It is likely that it is the window regulator that is broken because the regulator is made of cables which may stretch and plastics that may break overtime. Both the cables and plastics are always under a lot of tension from operating and holding the window. Such tension will wear the plastic and stretch the cables overtime. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from your mechanic, come and replace the failed window assembly.

3. Driver's side window broken