Q: Doesnt the evaporator also need to be replaced when doing ac compressor?

I need my ac compressor replaced. Does the evaporator come with that and should I get the serpentine belt changed at the same time? Can you really do this service at my home???

The evaporator would only be replaced if it were confirmed to be leaking refrigerant or if it was blocked. Typically, an a/c compressor replacement would not implicate the evaporator and, in any event, evaporators are rarely replaced. If you are replacing the a/c compressor the system dryer MUST be replaced and the oil charge MUST be carefully evaluated. Prior to replacing the compressor, you want to be sure that you have a conclusive and accurate diagnostic that actually substantiates a problem with the compressor. A/C work is easily accomplished on a mobile basis, right at your location. If you desire that the compressor be replaced, simply request a/c compressor replacement. If you desire that the a/c system first be inspected and diagnosed to ensure that the compressor is truly faulty, request a/c system diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

• Doesnt the evaporator also need to be replaced when doing ac compressor?