My brother law has a 2002 Town and Country van that was o...

My brother law has a 2002 Town and Country van that was overheating due to a coolant leak, and have resolved that issue. When we ran it earlier to locate the leak, the cooling fans were working, but after fixing the leak, they are...

My brother law has a 2002 Town and Country van that was overheating due to a coolant leak, and have resolved that issue. When we ran it earlier to locate the leak, the cooling fans were working, but after fixing the leak, they are not kicking on. The temp gauge never got above halfway and the outside temperature today was only in the upper teens. Is it possible that it isn't getting hot enough to need the fans?

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be assisting you today. I am sorry you are having this issue but hopefully I can help. The cooling fans are designed to come on at around 217 degrees F. So if the coolant temp does not get up to that temp, then they will not come on because they are not really needed. Probably because the ambient temp is so low right now.
Automotive Expert
I hope this information helps you and thank you again for using just answer!Chris

Thanks, \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* it with him and he will keep an eye on it to see if it works when the temp gets higher.
Automotive Expert
Sounds good! If you have any follow up questions I will be here for you.Chris