Q: Do you think with what I have described that that is the problem

My car doesn’t pick up quick It jerks when stopped and in drive And makes a light rattling noise when i accelerate Check engine codes says it’s either the crankshaft or camshaft I’ve got the crankshaft to replace first

Hi Future. Thanks for the follow-up question. Based on the symptoms you’re describing, I would assume you have multiple issues beyond the crankshaft position sensor. The thing about engine codes is that they are simply recording facts on systems that are being monitored by sensors (such as the crankshaft position sensor). However, other mechanical systems that are monitored can also contribute to the problem If the car is slow to accelerate and seems to stumble when you drive, that’s more indicative of a dirty mass air flow sensor or clogged fuel injectors. It is also possible that O2 sensors are dirty or even the throttle body is in need of a good cleaning. While the crankshaft position and cam sensors are vital for ignition timing, when they fail, it usually prevents starting. It might be better money spent to have your car diagnosed first.